FCA Lunch Service
First Christian Academy offers a hot lunch option for each day or the students may bring their lunch. The hot lunch is provided four days a week from a local public school cafeteria. The cost per day is $3.75. A calendar will be provided for each month. Parents select the days that their child would like to buy lunch and send in payment for the whole month. Due dates for the orders will be communicated to parents.
The students may choose from white milk, chocolate milk or juice. A Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich is available as an additional option every day except Fridays. The meal comes with a fruit and a vegetable. On Fridays, we will be offering Papa John’s Pizza for lunch for the same price of $3.75. This includes two pieces of pizza and a drink. If you have questions about our lunch program or your order, please email Karen Tatjes at email@example.com
- If your child brings their lunch, please pack healthy food choices. Many of the classes have a snack time in the morning or afternoon (depending on their lunch time), so please include an extra snack in the lunch box.
- We do not have microwaves available in the cafeteria, so please do not send items that need to be heated. The students may bring insulated thermos containers to keep their food warm until lunch time.
- Younger students often have trouble opening sealed packages of crackers, GoGurts, fruit snacks, etc. It is helpful to put a pair of safety scissors (rounded on the ends) in their lunchbox to cut open the packages.
- Parents are welcome to join their child from time to time for lunch. Please check in at the reception desk and get a visitor’s tag and check out as you leave.
- The students are asked to stay seated during the lunch period and talk quietly with their friends.
- All students should clean up their area and pick up after themselves before leaving the cafeteria.
- Kindergarten 11:00 – 11:25
- First grade 11:00 – 11:25
- Second grade 11:35 -12:00
- Third grade 11:35 – 12:00
- Fourth grade 12:10 – 12:35
- Fifth grade 12:10 – 12:35
- Sixth grade 12:10 – 12:35